Child Loss:

For those seeking survival and joy after child loss.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Thanks to Those Who Listen



I've been doing this blog about loss, particularly child loss, for a while.  I have rarely heard feedback or seen messages, but I can see from the statistics people are listening.  I know I'm not just talking to myself.  I keep doing it with the hope that it will help people, that it will mean something to someone.

It's something else again to actually meet someone who reads my blog.  Recently, I ran into someone who is listening, a friend of mine I haven't seen in a while.  She hasn't lost a child.  She listens to gain insights into those who have.  It was heartwarming to know that my words are being heard and appreciated.  I was grateful to hear it.  Nothing is as helpful to people who mourn than knowing someone is listening and offering a shoulder to cry on.  My greatest dream when it comes to publishing my writing is that someone will come up to me and say my words made a real difference in their life.  Otherwise, what is writing for?