Child Loss:

For those seeking survival and joy after child loss.

Monday, July 11, 2016

On Tuesdays and Birthdays



It used to be that Tuesday was just another day of the week.  At least it's not Monday, right?  Everybody hates Mondays.  But Tuesdays have become more difficult for me, especially around that angelversary because six years ago, we lost her on a Tuesday.  Then my birthday came around two Tuesdays later.  It was a rough day.  Then the next couple of birthdays were painful since they were on or the day before miscarriages.  I officially became a member of the birthday haters club.

This year, my birthday occurs, once again, on a Tuesday just as the angelversary was on a Tuesday.  I don't love Tuesdays.  Each birthday comes around with an echo of pain, which makes birthdays troublesome, even when they end up being pleasant.  I'm sure tomorrow will be fine, that it will be pleasant enough that it won't even occur to me that it's THAT kind of Tuesday.  It's funny the things that change after loss.