Child Loss:

For those seeking survival and joy after child loss.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Gratitude



I have had some hard days recently.  But I know that I have to focus on gratitude for what I do have rather than on sorrow for what I don't or for what I've lost.  When I think back over all we've been through with my baby's death and five years of miscarriage, I'm tempted to fall into a dark place of pain and sadness.  It would be easy to do.  

However, this week is Thanksgiving in the US.  It's a time to reflect on all we've been given.  It's time to invite joy in by showing my living children how much I appreciate them by spending more time with them.  It's time to hold my husband and those two sweet kids close to my heart and focus on the joy that comes with counting my blessings.  Thanksgiving is about more than food.  It's about cherishing the moments with those we love.  It's about making memories.  And this week, I am determined to cherish every moment and make wonderful memories.