Child Loss:

For those seeking survival and joy after child loss.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Another Vacation without Her



It can be painful to go on a vacation, knowing at least one of your family members isn't there.  Now, I think she joins us when we go.  But it's just not the same thing when you can't hold that other family member, when you can't turn to them and point to something exciting.  I often wonder what she would be like, how she would respond.  I feel that hole in my family most keenly when I leave home. 

I miss her so much on these trips.  I'm looking forward to leaving for a while, to escape.  But I wish she could be nearby, taking it all in as well.  It just feels like all the colors are off without her.  Nothing feels right. 

Like I said, I can pray to invite her.  I truly think she will enjoy being with us when we go.  I just wish she could be visible.  One day.