Child Loss:

For those seeking survival and joy after child loss.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Family Trips



I like family trips.  I know my angels come with me.  They're never so close as when we go together on memory-building adventures.  I don't visit Alli's grave often because I know she only goes there to be with us.  She can just as easily be with us anywhere.  But I know I can invite her and the others along on trips in prayer.  I pray that my angels be allowed to come as we trek through Yellowstone or the Tetons or even just on local campouts.  

I know I have my own private army of guardian angels.  We've tried their protective power out a few times with problems and minor accidents with which we've dealt.  I know they are attuned to our wants and desires.  My little girl asks for a pet in prayer, and my angels are there to grant her wish with as much detail as they can manage.  But there's really no need for Alli or the others to be with us all the time.  I can, however, know they will be there when I invite them, when there's need or true and sincere desire.  They travel with us.  I love days in which I know they're there.  I'd travel every day of the year if I could, just to create memories and bond with those we can see and those we can't.